1. What should I clean the milkshake machine with?
Vikan have developed a 'Shake kit' (53584), which includes a comprehensive range of pipe and tube brushes to tackle event the hard-to-reach areas inside liquid dispensing machines.
2. How can we remove the daily build up of dirt and grease on a busy kitchen floor?
Use the Vikan deck scrub (7043) or Hi-low brush (7047) to scrub the floor surface in order to help the chemical loosen the dirt and/or grease, then quickly move all liquids and dirt with one of Vikan's floor squeegees (77125) to either the drain area or to a central point for collection with an absorbent mop.
3. How can I reduce the risk of slips and falls in the kitchen area during the busy working day environment?
Slips and falls in the kitchen area are mainly caused by wet patches, greasy surfaces or a buildup of large particles such as salt on the floor. Use the Vikan deep-clean mop (548540), which has been especially designed to help meet the challenges of a busy kitchen environment as often as possible, to reduce the buildup of such risk factors.
4. How many different types of mops do I need to meet all the cleaning challenges of a busy restaurant area?
Vikan has developed special multi-purpose (Vikan Rapid Clean Damp 43 589640) mop to:
- Quickly absorb and clean up spillages
- Spot clean without leaving the floor wet* and so reducing the risks of slips and falls
- Evenly spread the required volume of chemical during periodic deep cleaning
- Reduce the build up of dirt in hard to get to areas such as the grots in-between tiles, bases of furniture that are permanently fix to the floor or around the back of toilets, when used daily.
*When correctly dosed, a normal restaurant tiled floor cleaned with Vikan damp microfibre mops would dry within a 1½ minutes (although this can also vary in relation to the humidity and floor type).
5. How can I neatly store Vikan cleaning equipment?
Vikan has developed two solutions especially for the busy restaurant environment.
The Slim-liner trolley (580410) is an extremely narrow, portable and flexible cleaning station that can be quickly deployed in the restaurant area when needed. It can be stocked with all your cleaning needs including pre-prepared mops and clots, handles, paper towels and any chemicals required. A slim 40cm profile means it is slim enough to be stored in the restaurant area.
Where a portable solution is required, we offer the same flexible cleaning centre (580510) as a wall hung option. This means that all mops, cloths and cleaning tools are stored in the one place, and all staff members know where to find them.
6. In which colours is the product available in?
Blue, green, red, yellow, white, black and orange.
7. Will the product be affected by the chemicals we use?
8. What temperature can the product withstand when washing?
All brushes can withstand temperatures of 121ºC, while scrapers, squeegees, pads and handles can withstand 100ºC. Mops and cloths can be washed at temperatures up to 95ºC.
9. How often should we replace the products?
As soon as the product shows any sign of damage or wear and tear, it should be replaced. All Vikan microfiber mops and cloths have a 500 use-and-wash guarantee.