1. What colours are the product available in?
Blue, Green, Red, Yellow, White, Black and Orange.
2. Will the product be affected by the chemical we use?
All products are made form high quality materials and can withstand corrosive/aggressive chemicals.
3. What temperature can the product withstand when washing?
All brushes can withstand 121C. Scrapers, Squeegees, Pads and Handles can withstand 100C. All Vikan microfiber mops and cloths can be wash up to 95°C
4. How often should we replace the products?
As soon as the product shows any sign of damage or wear and tear, it should be replaced. All Vikan microfiber mops and cloths have a 500 use and wash guarantee.
5. How can we remove the daily build up of dirt and grease on the floor of a busy food preparation area fx a deli?
Use the Vikan deck scrub (7041-) or Hi-low brush (7047-) to both scrub the floor surface in order to help the chemical loosen the dirt and/or grease, then quickly move all liquids and dirt with one of Vikans floor squeegees (77125) to either the drain area or to a central point for collect with a absorbent mop.
6. How can I reduce the risk of slips and falls in the food preparation area during the busy working day environment?
Slips and falls in the food preparation area are mainly caused by wet patches on floor, greasy surfaces or a buildup of large particles such as salt or other large particles on the floor. Use the Vikan Deep clean mop (548540) which has been especial designed to help meet the challenges of a busy food preparation environment as often as possible, to reduce the buildup of the afore mentioned risks.
7. How many different types of mops do I need to meet all the cleaning challenges of a busy Supermarket or shop floor?
Vikan has developed special multi-purpose (Vikan Rapid Clean Damp 43 589640) mop to meet all the following cleaning requirements.
- To be able to quickly absorb & clean up spillages
- To be able to spot clean without leaving the floor wet* and so reducing the risks of slips and falls
- In the case of periodic deep cleaning of the shop floor this mop can be use to evenly spread the required amount layer of chemical that needs some time to work or later.
- This mop if used daily will reduce the buildup of dirt in hard to get to areas such as the grots in-between tiles or around the bases of shelving units that are permanently fix to the floor.. *When correctly dosed a normal restaurant tiled floor cleaned with Vikan damp microfibre mops would dry within a 1½ minute. (this can also vary in relation to the humidity and floor type).
8. How can I neatly store Vikan cleaning equipment?
Vikan has developed 2 solutions especially for the busy retail environment.
- The first solution is the Silm-liner (580410) which is an extremely thin portable & flexible cleaning centre. That can be quickly moved be used in the shopping area when needed and can carry all your cleaning needs such as prepared mops cloths handles chemicals (if required) paper towels etc. Yet due to the fact it I so slim (under 40cm) it can still be almost latently stored on the shop floor area.
- For those that do require a portable solution on the shop floor we have made the same flexible cleaning centre, (580510) but to hang on the wall, so that all mops, cloths and cleaning tools are stored in the one place, and all staff members know where to find them.